Bootcamp Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Qu1ckset, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Qu1ckset macrumors regular

Qu1ckset

Hey guys I'm looking to bootcamp Win10 on my 2017 MacBook and was wondering how much space I should partitian on my 512gb ssd for Windows , I don't plan on having much on my Windows side other then installing the odd game or two.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Windows 10 64bit by itself without any apps installed uses a lot of hard drive space. I would probably go with 150 GB or maybe even more for the Windows 10 Boot Camp partition. Games especially take up a lot of space.

3. Qu1ckset thread starter macrumors regular

Qu1ckset

I don't plan on installing a bunch of games on the partition at once since the machine isn't the greatest gaming machine anyways lol , I plan to probably only install one game which will probably take 15-20gb ? So would a 100gbs be fine ?

(Newb Question) if I was finished with win10 bootcamp for good , is it possible to delete everything and have my mac partition back to full size?

4. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Windows 10 Pro is quite happy with 20 gigs for itself. It's when you add stuff to it. So yes, 100 GB will be fine if you don't plan on adding much.

I've got mine on a dedicated 120 GB SSD.

And I've seen it work quite well on 20 GB partitions when everything else was on the server side (in corporations, you don't want data on the workstations, you want all your data on the server).

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Absolutely