Bootcamp help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ekd32, Jul 27, 2008.

1. ekd32 macrumors newbie

Okay so here is what happened. I had about 206GB and then when I got Bootcamp I partitioned 32GB or something like that to windows. So I was left with 170GB (or something around there). Then when it asked me to place the windows install disk in I did. It didn't like the disk and my computer went weird. I deleted bootcamp because I didn't want to have any problems. Even though I deleted it I still only have 170GB. I was just wondering how I get my 32 GB back.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

repair your hard disk. search in the MacRumors Guides on how to do this.

3. ekd32 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the utility disk and I tried to erase it but that is only the files. I still have the program and it still has my memory. I thought I deleted my bootcamp but I guess I didn't but I don't know how to then.

Sorry, I am a new mac user and probably shouldn't of messed around with it until I knew more XD

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

no dont erase anything! :eek: just repair your hard disk.

extra simple concise tutorial:

1. insert first install DVD and click restart
    2. choose language and open Disk Utility from the Utilities menu
    3. select your hard drive on the left and click the First Aid tab
    4. click on "Repair Disk"

5. ekd32 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay i did what you said but i still don't have the memory in my macintosh HD. That is where I want it to be. I want to get rid of Bootcamp completely. I have been trying to figure out how to do that but I just don't know how to.

never mind. I did it! Yeah! lol

6. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

(Note, I modified item 3)

4. Now select the bootcamp partition in the main window and click the "-" button. This will delete the partition and show as free space.

5. Now select the Mac partition and click/drag the resizer button at the bottom of the partition and drag it to the bottom of the window.

6. Click Apply. This will leave your MacOS partition intact and add the space back.