Bootcamp help.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nigteets, Aug 22, 2009.

1. nigteets macrumors newbie

I have installed bootcamp but I cannot find bootcamp assistant to get rid of it, and get the space back. Is there any other way of doing so?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

To have installed Boot Camp, you had to use the assistant. So... did you accidently delete the assistant? It should be located in your Utilities folder.

If it's not there anymore, you can reinstall it via the discs that came with your Mac.

3. flatfoot macrumors 65816

You could delete the Boot Camp partition using disk utility, I think.

But first take a look into the "Utilities" folder within your "Applications" folder. The assistant should be there.

4. nigteets thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I accidentally deleted it thinking it would delete bootcamp... D:
    And which disk would it be on?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It would be on disc 1, not the bundled applications install disc which has stuff like iLife on it. Using the "Go To Folder" command in the Go menu of Finder, with the following path: Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages/ should bring up a Finder window inside of which is a BootCamp.pkg file. Double-click it to reinstall that Boot Camp Assistant to /Applications/Utilities, then use the restored Boot Camp Assistant application to remove the Boot Camp partition.

6. nigteets thread starter macrumors newbie

Disk one for Leopard?
    My Mac came with Tiger, I had to install Leopard.