Bootcamp help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by austin571, Dec 21, 2009.

1. austin571 macrumors regular

Have OS X 10.6 snow leopard.
    Installing windows xp sp 2.
    Did everything, then when windows was done it wanted to go through the whole reloading process. Window screen comes up and then goes away.
    When I saw the drives that were partioned I was like wait what is that drive taking a 6 digit number with all available..so I deleted that.
    Guess it messed up because now I am reinstalling the mac os x software.
    Is there step by step instructions for installing windows using bootcamp somewhere?
    Would love that link.
    Thanks in advance

2. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

now what

Just put the mac disk in and 30 minutes later it tells me error loading....

3. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

error again

After three times of the mac telling me error reading it read, but now it is blank where you would select a destination drive

4. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

working now

In case anyone has thistproblem - clean the disk, reinstall using guip?
    Bootcamp - use NFTS install - not the NFTS quick one and just keep hitting nex
    Dont know what happened, one tech told me to partian it to two mac etc, then got a couple nice techs and 6 hours later all is well.
    Tuesday I will load the windows only softwa

5. darkus macrumors regular

just google 'bootcamp install instructions' there is an official PDF apple has online from their website.

also if i were you i would nuke the entire system and start from scratch first installing a fresh copy of osx then go from there. it sounds like u realy fuggered up your partitions