bootcamp in leopard, stable enough ???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 10-Dee-Q, Nov 29, 2007.

1. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    Hi, i only ever used bootcamp once and it was long time ago, and i never use it again cause it's cause too much problem on tiger.
    so i jumped boat and run vmware instead.

but since now i just upgraded to leopard, now i wonder how the "final" version of bootcamp perform ???

is it stable enough ?
    and will it ruin my HD partition and mac os when next time i decide to uninstall the window ?

i'vee search the forums but no info bout it yet.

thx anyway.

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

It's great, with the exception of the sound drivers. With the beta, Windows wouldn't always start for me. With the Leopard drivers it's been faultless, although using Realtek drivers off their site reduces the whooshing sound fault.

It runs in exactly the same way as before and won't ruin any partitions. The only difference is that the drivers are on the Leopard DVD instead of a blank CD you have to burn.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

boot camp works fine and its very stable. apple has fixed the time issue in 2.0 which is good. the only things that annoy me are the brightness difference from full to one down is way too much and i cant set the F keys to control the brightness on an old apple keyboard like i have in OS X.