Bootcamp Installation Issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AvengerNX08, Nov 22, 2016.

1. boxxyfied macrumors newbie

boxxyfied

so bear with me: I thought I would give it a try with the new bootcamp audio driver/s. I get everything installed on an external drive- the Samsung T3, windows to go install, on the MacBook pro tb 13".
    I plugged in headphones so as to not have a speaker issue. after I install windows I have a flickering issue with the display (I now know its the iris battery refresh). I restart and boot into Mac because I wanted to explore the flicker issue using MacOS. take out the headphones and within 10 seconds of being logged into the Mac, I hear this static burst- maybe a pop but I'm not sure I can describe as I had the volume at 1 tick about mute.

the only thing plugged in was the Samsung ssd. I understand that it's a windows driver, but, would the Mac see the driver on the ssd and cause an issue on the Mac side?

2. delasonrisa macrumors member

every time you start boot camp it checks for updates. at least, thats what I think. if you want to make sure to have the latest drivers, start boot camp and click on action in the menu bar. it should say something like "load windows support software". click on that and boot camp loads the latest software.

3. sn00p macrumors regular

The boot camp drivers I downloaded on Monday seem to work fine for me with audio, just tried for the first time without the headphones plugged in and nothing bad happened.

One thing I have noticed is that when my windows starts to boot and it gets to the bit locker screen the touchbar is in-operable, this means that until windows is booted you cannot use the keys there. Which is a bit of an issue if you end up needing to use the bit-locker recovery as you can't press escape.

I suppose I could have tried holding down FN to see if they popped up.

Not a major issue though.

4. Garage Battle macrumors regular

Garage Battle

5. sentential macrumors regular

No issues here, downloaded the newest ISO from Microsoft's website and it auto-installed from there.

6. viljamip, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016

viljamip macrumors regular

I didn't get any loud pop or anything as I just installed today. My audio is not very loud at all infact. I get maybe 1/3 of the volume I get on macOS. Is this normal or should I look into installing the audio driver again?

My screen brightness was about 50% of what it is in macOS. I had to turn off auto brightness level.

Is there something I can do to reverse the scrolling on my trackpad?

7. cchangx macrumors newbie

I got bootcamp installed successfully using an ISO from Microsoft's website. Also, seems like the latest Windows drivers as part of the Bootcamp update has resolved the speaker issue.

However, I'm not having very slow Wifi connection speeds. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, restarting and enabling/disabling the broadcom device, but wifi speeds continue to be slow/spotty. Anyone else running into issues with this? MBP 2016 15" Base on Windows Enterprise edition.

8. DrSkywalker macrumors newbie

Did you ever get a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem with a 2017 iMac 27

9. mkusmic macrumors newbie

mkusmic

I had the same error and followed the instructions in this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7805924

It boiled down to me disconnecting an external USB 3 SSD drive. That drive was connected to my MBP 2017 with touchbar at the time of but not in use for the bootcamp / windows installation procedure.