Bootcamp Installation problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fireshot91, Sep 11, 2010.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

So, firstly, I'm trying to install Windows 7. I have a Macbook Pro running 10.6.x (I forgot the last number).

I started BootCamp assistant, and it prompted me to partition. I set up a 32Gb partition for Windows. Then..it said to put in my Windows CD and hit start. I did that...and it started loading Windows. Everything went fine...until Windows told me to choose a partition to install to. None of the partitions were NTFS so Windows couldn't be installed.. So I held down the power button, and tried to boot back into OS-X. But...it booted back into Windows...now it won't boot into OS-X. It keeps being stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen.

Any ideas?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Hold Alt/Option during boot to get back to OS X.

Read the instructions
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...Setup_10.6.pdf you need to reformat the FAT32 partition Boot Camp Assistant creates to NTFS as part of Step 3.

OS X can't create or write to an NTFS partition.

B

3. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yeah..I know that OSX can't read/write to NTFS. But I figured it could at least create one.

Anyways, I held down the mouse button and started, and that ejected the CD. Then I could boot into OSX. It's fine now. I'm installing Win7.