Bootcamp Installed - More Woes

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Buskins, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Buskins macrumors member

Hi folks,

I have successfully installed Windows 7 64bit Home Premium via Bootcamp, and have a few questions.

The first thing I did when I got into windows was run the Apple software thing to get drivers, and everything working. I thin downloaded 131 windows updates (96 recommended, balance optional).

I am however still seeing odd things. For starters this is a 27" fully specced (though the 1TB fusion). My worries are:

1) I have 24GB of RAM installed. Windows shows 24GB installed (16 usable) - why is 8GB not usable?

2) In the windows support folder that Bootcamp made on my external harddrive before the partitioning process I used the setup as I previously said. I notice there are lots of other 'clickable' applications within the subfolders (for instance NVidiaHDAudio64 in the WindowsSupport/Drivers/NVidea folder) Do I need to go through these subfolders and click various applications and let them run/install, or did the setup at the start do all this as part of the initial setup?

3) When I click and drag a window I get that trail effect. You know the one, when the window leaves a comet-like trail of itself. It trails for about .5cm ... but I am thinking on a machine as powerful as this - with 64bit windows and all that jazz - this shouldn't be happening, right?

4) I saw some folks mention a BETA driver for the 680MX card. If I want to install it, what exactly must I delete first? I read you need to delete current drivers before installing new ones.

I apologise for any idiocy many of you will see in these questions. I am not technical in this way, but I am a darned good film editor :D

2. Buskins thread starter macrumors member

Well I managed to get 1) answered via Google. Evidently Home versions of Windows 7 are capped at a 16GB limit. What a douche move by whatshisface!

Still need help with the others though. I'm perplexed why in 2012 the windows still leave a 'trail' when dragged. Isn't this card/processor supposed to be a behemoth and stuff like that a distant memory?