Bootcamp: Installing driver w/o OSX Disc

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by naskas, Aug 13, 2011.

1. naskas macrumors newbie

Okay, I know there are threads on this. But I have yet to find an answer that works.

I installed Windows XP running bootcamp assistant 3.0. Everything went well, however now I cannot install drivers. Apple says to insert the Snow Leopard disc and that will install drivers. I do not have the Snow Leopard disc.

I also tried to download the Apple Bootcamp Upgrade to 3.1. When I tried to install this, I received an error message saying I need to have Bootcamp 3.0 installed first. Is it possible my "Bootcamp" and "Bootcamp Assistant" applications are different versions? I assumed my Bootcamp was version 3.0 since I knew the Bootcamp Assistant is 3.0. Is there a way to figure out what version Bootcamp I have, then I can find the correct upgrade and the drivers will install through that..

Any suggestions? I have hit a dead end.. Please let me know if anything needs clarification, and of course THANK YOU very much in advance.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member