Bootcamp issue, please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wgr73, Aug 20, 2008.

1. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

I started the bootcamp utility and did the default 32gb partition for windows xp. I have 170gb free on my main partition before the XP partition....so it starts booting my windows xp cd and asks me to select a partition to install xp on. THERE IS ONLY 1 PARTITION!! AND IT 132gb!! I'm pretty sure that this is my main Mac OS partition. The other windows partition (32gb) is not showing up.

So I take out the disc and try to boot OSX, and all I get is a screen with a black cursor (like its trying to boot windows but can't find the files). Please help me is you can...Thanks guys!

2. swordth macrumors newbie

I think i had a problem like yours before. I'm assuming you havent installed the windows OS yet, if you have then I'm not sure what to do.

But when you start up the mbp, press the alt/option key (i usually press it lots/hold it down, etc), and it should show you the option to start up OSX.

When you start up installing windows, there should be a partition called bootcamp, otherwise you did something wrong in the beggining

3. wgr73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wgr73

4. wgr73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Ok, theres ONE drive and it says windows with an arrow under it!

5. greenythebeast macrumors regular

Use your OS X install disc to start Disk Utility and see what the drive looks like.

6. swordth macrumors newbie

pop in the OSX CD, hold down the alt key on starup, select the OSX cd, and reinstall it on that partition...sorry to say it, but you installed windows over the mac OS. And if you didnt install windows..but it still says that..then I'm confused.

7. wgr73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wgr73

I did and it is "unpartitioned", ect...its acting like its not partitioned...