Bootcamp Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BatmanWest, May 28, 2015.

1. BatmanWest macrumors newbie

I installed Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp on my 2015 MBP 15' with 370x. All went well except t I can't change the resolution in Windows.

I'm stuck at 2880x1800..the option is greyed out. This also extends into the games i've installed..what can I do to fix this?

2. zerophreak macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Check in your "Device Manager" what GPU you have. It will be something like "Microsoft Basic Graphical Adapter" or so... the latest boot camp drivers don't detect the AMD GPU obviously...

3. BatmanWest thread starter macrumors newbie

4. zerophreak macrumors newbie

But for what? Apple should have updated their drivers -.-

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Apple isn't responsible for the drivers. AMD is responsible.

Your attitude is like buying a Ford and blaming them when the Dunlop tires that came with it blew out.

I had no problems installing the drivers, everything was just automated.

6. zerophreak macrumors newbie

Seems like I have to reinstall Windows and 3 Hrs of GTA V DVDs again. The 4th time yet :)

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Not necessarily. Try downloading the appropriate software from Apple and using the included graphics driver. My MacBook Pro calls for 5.1.5621 which has folders of all the needed drivers. You likely can copy the driver out of a folder and reinstall it.

8. zerophreak macrumors newbie

Where can I get the download from, except BCA?! On the download page I don't find latest ones...

9. Saudumm macrumors newbie

Saudumm

afaik, they're only available from BCA (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204048)

I don't know if the latest Driver from AMDs website is already compatible with the R9 M370X

10. zerophreak macrumors newbie

I tried the latest ones from AMD, the one you said and also the BCA download ones... All don't want to work. Thats really annoying. Kruzifix

11. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Look on the USB drive you used to install Windows in Boot Camp.

12. zerophreak macrumors newbie

I did install it from there, too. Also won't work. Also AMD single driver setup dosnt help. I have the Catalyst control panel app but when I open it, it shows "nothing to configure".