Bootcamp issues on a 2011 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shot2bits, Apr 26, 2011.

1. shot2bits macrumors member

Hi All, wondered if one of you might be able to help. I'm trying to install Win7 on my MacPro for Visio and the odd PC game.. Thing is, the Mac wont recognise the Win7 DVD.

The Win7 image started life as a .IMG file which my other Win7 laptop offered to burn to a DVD which I did..

Following this I used the boot camp assistant to partition the Mac drive and download the latest drivers for Windows. All looked good until I was told to insert the Windows7 DVD and the following happened.

On the pic below, you can see the Win7 files in finder - for whatever reason the Mac doesn't see this as a Windows DVD? It was downloaded from an official site so it's not a dodgy copy.

Any advice appreciated, Rob.

[​IMG]

2. simsaladimbamba

You have to execute the .exe file in Windows to extract the .box files. The resulting folder/files should be burnt to a DVD.

3. shot2bits thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much for the response but wouldn't that just launch Window's without the option to burn?

4. simsaladimbamba

Windows (not Window's) will not launch, as it has not been installed yet. The .exe and .box files are just the compressed image of the installation disk, thus it needs to be extracted.
    I don't know where you got your Windows 7 installation files, but isn't there some .txt or other file with proper instructions?

5. shot2bits thread starter macrumors member

Thanks again.. I'll let you know if my copy of Windows' installs correctly.