bootcamp issues?!?!?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Fabricman112, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Fabricman112, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013

Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

ok so how the ****** are u supposed to install win 8.1 in bootcamp. latest MBA (i7 1,7GHz, 8 GB ram and 512 GB SSD) .. the ultimate mba :cool: ( bought it for my company, so not a big deal) ...

I have a win 8.1 installed and all is good EXCEPT I CANT INSTALL THE DAMN BOOTCAMP DRIVERS... so I have NO internet running win8 and I cant google it either... trying latest Boot Camp Support Software 5.0.5033.. it just will not install... and wthout it I cant get wifi drivers etc. :mad:

plz someone help me.. before I demolish this "Macbook Air"

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

As far as I know it's not yet officially supported. I'm sure an updated bootcamp will appear in a couple of months.

Run Parallels or VMware if you can't wait.

3. Fabricman112 thread starter macrumors regular

Fabricman112

really??? I´m sure I´ve seen many y-utube videos on how to install.. I´m not being a byayatt-cghh here but I thought that tha MBA is ,5 years old and so is win 8.1... I can not install win 8.0 :mad: it will kill me :) .. but I guess I should google stuff

4. medic27, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013

medic27 macrumors member

I used bootcamp to install windows 8 about 5 months ago. During the end of the install it gave me some error popup about drivers. I searched the internet for an hour or so and was able to get it working.
    Sorry I don't remember what the solution was, but it was able to install back in August.
    I needed windows os, for some class. I should have just used windows 7, because 8 really sucked. If you just need some kind of windows OS, I recommend 7.
    Good luck.
    Google the error message because bootcamp is soo much better than VM. Worth your extra effort.

5. jenzjen, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

jenzjen macrumors 68000

Latest MBA meaning a 2013 model? If so, you can no longer use the boot camp drivers downloaded from the apple support site. Instead, you need to download the drivers when you run boot camp on OS X (2nd option, something like windows support software).

Apple changed how drivers installed on 2013 models going forward.

See mid page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5634

6. Whalensdad macrumors member

I had the same issues. It's really easy. When you created the boot disk using the Boot Camp wizard, it had you download the drivers. Even though the install of boot camp appears to run the apple drivers, it doesn't. You'll need to navigate to them from windows and run them manually. Once you do that you should be good.