Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
So I tried to install Windows 10 via Bootcamp on my new iMac, and first the keyboard and mouse worked in the installer, but about halfway through they stopped working. Unfortunately I can't complete th installer nor get into OSX, as the Mac always boots directly into the installer and passing the option key upon boot up won't work. (Keyboard not working there either). Would greatly appreciate some help here.

daniel1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
So meanwhile I managed to borrow a USB Keyboard and complete the Windows installation. However now my mouse and keyboard are neither recognized in Windows nor in OSX... Both however work with my MacBook, so they are still fully functional

daniel1111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
Did you install the updated drivers available through Apple Software Update (Windows app included with the Boot Camp software)
I did indeed install all the drivers. Now, this is not the first time I install Windows on my Mac machines, I succeeded without any problems with every previous install, did everything exactly as before and it went very wrong. I got it working now, but the thing is I don't know how. I rebooted the iMac a couple of times, switched the keyboard/mouse on/off like 5 times, turned the Mac back on and after like an hour, I first got the mouse to connect and some 10 minutes later the keyboard pooped up. Why? I don't know. Under OSX I still had some troubles but fixed it there and now it appears to be working fine. Well, welcome to Windows 10 then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.