BootCamp, Leopard and MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by b.milewski, Dec 21, 2007.

1. b.milewski macrumors newbie

First I am sorry for my english.

I have small problem with BootCamp on my Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 and my MacBook Pro. I try install Windows XP Home with SP2 on BootCamp disc, every thing is okey to the time when comes time on format. To correctly install windows XP BootCamp need NTFS file system, but I can choose only FAT32 file system, I can not format my partition for Windows and I can not change file system from FAT32 on NTFS.

When I try install Windows on FAT32 file system, installator copy all files from CD on hard drive then restart and nothing, only message type:

Please insert correct disc and press any button to restart.

What happened? any know? how install Windows XP on my MacBook Pro with Leopard?

2. blammy macrumors newbie

I believe what you need to do at this point is press and hold the "option" button during this reboot - you will see the Mac partition and the Windows partition. Select the Windows partition with the arrow keys and hit enter.

3. b.milewski thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I try but no, still the same message.

4. robf macrumors newbie

Hmm are you sure you formatted the correct partition?

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

what i whould do is re-install leopard ( back my data up ) go into bootcamp assistant create my partition size install windows when it comes to the formatting bit use the line under quick format,
    this will format it NTFS

6. robf macrumors newbie

Bare in mind that if you want to write to the Windows "drive" then you will have to use FAT, as Mac OS X cannot write to NTFS, it can only read it. Just a tip just in case.

7. akm3 macrumors 68020

You have nothing to apologize for. Your English is superior to many American's (and likely Brits as well) typing on forums!

8. b.milewski thread starter macrumors newbie

yes Im sure :) I can choose only FAT32 partition,, Windows parition called BootCamp so there is no chance on mistake.

obviously I installed Leopard 3 times and nothing still thame same problem