Bootcamp Mac OS X - WIN 7 boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by theDonnieDarko, Sep 3, 2014.

1. theDonnieDarko macrumors newbie

Hi All!

Having some problem with my newly installed bootcamp(v4) Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Windows 7 64bit.

System:
    Mac Pro 1,1 -> 2,1
    Dock 1 1TBHDD - Mac OS X 10.7.5
    Dock 2 600GBHDD - Windows 7 64 BIT

The installation progress:
    Slipstreamed my Windows 7 64bit installation DVD to work with Mac Pro.
    (http://www.gopulls.com/blog/2009.08...a-mac-beat-the-select-cd-rom-boot-type-error/)

Upgraded my firmware from 1,1 to 2,1.

Installed Windows 7 on a second HDD(dock 2) without problem.

After installation the Windows 7 Booted up and been running smoothly since.

Now to the problem.. I Can't seem to get back to my Mac OS X HDD.

Everytime I boot it goes directly into my Windows 7 HDD. Tried every combination with keyboard(Resetting NVRAM, Change boot order etc) at start up, but I doesn't seem to respond at all. It seems like the keyboard is not responding until I get to Windows 7 loads up. (the caps lock lights up) Im using a Windows Keyboard, do I need a Mac keyboard to be able to reach it? The keyboard is working in Windows and before in Mac OS X.

Tried to take out the Windows 7 HDD, but then it just ends up with a blinking _ symbol in the upper left corner. Like if it cant find any HDD at all. (which would be correct if its trying to find a HDD in Dock 2)

I also tried to put my Mac OS X drive in Dock 2, but no luck. Just ends up with a BSOD.

Anyone know If doing anything wrong here? Or could get around the problem?

All the best!

2. theDonnieDarko thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out:

Missed that I needed to install the bootcamp drivers in windows as well.
    (I downloaded and installed them during the bootcamp installation in Mac OS X, oh well)

After that I could change the primary boot-drive to Mac OS X in Windows and boot into it.