Bootcamp made me stuck in windows HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Whozha, May 15, 2012.

1. Whozha macrumors newbie

yesterday i was going to play the gw2 beta stress test with a friend so i installed bootcamp.
    When I finaly manage to install Windows i saw that i had too little memory in the Windows partion so I restarted the computer and instead that i was able choose what os I wanted to start it just restarted to Windows.

After some research I manage to get where i could change what os i wanted to boot from, but the only one there was Windows 7.

Can someone please help me? Im stuck in Windows with no memory!:mad:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

What exactly did you do there?

Which Mac and version of OS X are you running?

B

4. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

Mac newbies ;)

5. Whozha thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive already tryed that, it asked witch os i wanted to boot from but Windows 7 was the only option that showed up.

I dident found the code but it restarted the computer and took me to the same place as command key did

6. simsaladimbamba

Did you install the Boot Camp drivers?
    If so, what happens of you click on the Boot Camp icon in the system tray and choose "Restart into Mac OS X"?

Have you tried any of these steps?

Btw, "memory" is not the same as "hard drive capacity":
    It is recommended, to have 10 to 20 % of the HDD's capacity unused.

PS: What do you mean with "code"? And the OPTION/Alt key has a different function than the CMD key.

7. Whozha thread starter macrumors newbie

I did insert a code which i wasent able to find but it took me where i was suposed to choose from mac or pc to start in, but the only option was Windows 7.
    The place where i was going to boot in a diffrent OS was some command lines instead of [​IMG]

I dont know what mac im running but it isent a laptop and the OS X im running is Snowleopard

8. simsaladimbamba

Again, what code do you mean? Can you link to the article/guide you got it from?

----------

iMac or Mac mini or Mac Pro?

9. Whozha thread starter macrumors newbie

I havent tryed any of these steps and i cant do it now becouse i im turning 15 and right now im gonna go to the gym. I dient install any drivers, i just downloaded a cracked copy of Windows 7 and burned it to a CD which i installed in bootcamp.

ps. now when im thinking about it, i havent tryd the ALT key, so i will try it when I come home, and i put the "code" i found in terminal (cmd).
    What do you mean with system tray?

10. lpeedin macrumors regular

So you downloaded and installed a cracked version of Windows? Sounds to me like you got exactly what you deserve.

11. simsaladimbamba

That is an odd reason to not execute troubleshooting steps, but then again, this is the world wild wet.
    That is a valid reason though.
    Then you will not have the "full" experience of all the hardware.
    Even a cracked or pirated OS copy needs drivers.

Again, what exact code, as Terminal is an interface/application to access the UNIX underpinnings and CMD is just short for COMMAND and describes a key on the keyboard.

Windows has a task bar, containing the START button, the QuickLaunch section, the section where all open applications are listed and the section on the right, which is called System Tray, which includes status notifications about the current time, the network connection and some other stuff.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Windows Basics

12. Whozha thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed it!

thanks for your help, i feel a little stupid right now becouse i just had to press the ALT/option key. :eek:
    I mixed the ALT and Command key togheter :eek:
    I manage to find the "code" i was talking about so here is it c:\progra~1\Bootca~1\bootcamp.exe -StartupDisk "Mac OS"
    Shutdown /r /t 0

sorry for being a little unclear in my text :D
    And the when i said CMD i meant the Windows answer to Terminal (The name can be Command Prompt not sure tho).
    You acsess it by going to START and in the search i think you type RUN and then finaly type in CMD in RUN

13. simsaladimbamba

Good it worked out.
    Wow, looks like Windows 3.1 truncation, I thought Windows 7 would allow names for folders and files that are longer than 8+3 letters/numbers. But that may be due to Command Prompt.
    Yeah, I know Command Prompt, which is an okay substitute for text commands, but again, it is not like Terminal.
    You could also just press WINDOWS+R and enter "cmd" and press ENTER to get there.

14. Whozha thread starter macrumors newbie

But again thanks for you help and time :):):)

I know it isent like terminal but it was the closest i could describe it