bootcamp messes up os x time

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by charlesbronsen, Nov 22, 2008.

1. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

every time i restart my imac from winxp and boot into os x it changes the time in os x by like 4 hours. Anyone run into this or know of a fix. thx

2. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Yep-this is a known issue-Apple has been talking about it since the BootCamp beta came out.

I still don't know of a fix-fortunately OS-X corrects the time pretty quickly on my computer. If you have a broadband Internet connection, you shouldn't even notice this.

3. troublesomekila macrumors member

yea I noticed that on my MacBook too I dont really mind though

4. Catch Them macrumors regular

taken from here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=603024

its the onboard logging of the date/time structure, its comes out of a completely different state (Windows) when going into OSX

5. BL4kLotus macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to force OSX to check the internet for correct time? Mine eventually corrects, but often takes several hours. Is there a command in the terminal window I could type? I usually have an internet connection, if I could get my mac to automatically check time.apple.com all would be fine.

6. Hydroxs macrumors regular

If you open date and time then click the lock button to unlock, it should change back to the correct time.