Bootcamp Mouse issue~

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Nyalotha, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Nyalotha macrumors member

So I have the mid-range 2011 21" iMac, last night I installed Windows 7 on it for gaming purposes when Battlefield 3 comes out.

Installation was a success, used my trackpad till I could get in, everything seemed to be working well.

My 'dilemma' is that now when I open into Windows 7, it doesn't recognize my real mouse, which is plugged in via USB. I either have to re-plug it in, which even then can take awhile to register, or wait 5-7 minutes for it kick in/on.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? I can only find issues people have with wireless mice. If it makes a difference I'm using an ASUS mouse.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That's a weird issue. Do you have a different wired mouse that you could check?

3. Nyalotha thread starter macrumors member

I'm sure I can steal one from a friend when I get home tonight and try it out. And I'm not sure if it affects it, but the mouse was plugged in while I installed bootcamp/windows 7, should it not have been?