Bootcamp, new MBPs, and Windows 7 Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by intheclear12, May 25, 2010.

1. intheclear12 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I just received a new MacBook Pro (i5, 17in) from Apple because my other early 2009 laptop was having problems they could not fix. But when they gave me this new computer, they did not provide me with any of the CDs. I went to use Bootcamp to install Windows 7 on another partition, but when I inserted my Snow Leopard CD I bought in September to install the drivers, I received the "This System is not Supported for x64 Bit." So I searched here and found the way to run it anyway, but then all the drivers installed except for my wireless (Airport) driver. I explored the CD and even tried to install it manually, but it will not work.

Do you think it has to do with the Snow Leopard CD I have not having the new driver for Airport that comes with the new Macs? Is there any way around this? I've searched endlessly online for the Windows 7 Airport driver, but to no avail. I can get my hands on my friends new MBP CD tomorrow, do you think that'll fix it?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

2. celticpride678

Apple released Boot Camp updates for the newest MacBook Pro today. Try installing those and see if that addresses the issue.

3. intheclear12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get a CD from my friend and it somehow fixed the issue. Then I ran into another driver issue for the video card, but I found a fix online for it and its working. Thanks!!!