BootCamp, no internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smattmul, Jun 3, 2008.

1. smattmul macrumors member

smattmul

I am attempting to install my School bought Vista (upgrade from FULL XP disks on a non FAT formated 32 gig Partion on my new ALU IMAC and use the internet via an either net cord straight to my cable modem

I have my school bought (cheap $$$) Windows XP disks, it came with XP Proffessional w/ service pack 2 and another disk called XP Pro. x64 edition

i have tried to partion w/ bootcamp, install each disk but i do not have internet

so... I am now soppose to install bootcamp drivers on my XP partition

-----------XP 64-------
    BUT... the first OS X CD gives me the option to install "mac book air crap remotely" and the other option on the first OS X CD is to remotely install OS X or something, "jsut doesn't seem to be what i want.

i jsut did this now so it is fresh in my head

The other CD, OS X CD2, is shown to have no content when viewed using XP, still no bootcamp

-------XP Service pack 2------
    I believe i have some way gotten the Boot-camp drivers off the OS X (1,2)?
    when using service pack 2 But still i had no internet

I have tried trouble shoots and crying about it but nothing does it

I also am aware that my network card is not being recognized it only shows my firewire card. or so i heard

the CDs have been reported to be bad when i used them on my laptop but i jsut tried again and it worked on my laptop,

ALSO (different symptom) I had to shutdown after i loaded XP 64x cuz it had a terminal "looking screen" with a single blinking command line ( underline ) which i had to restart when nothing happened for awhile, when i Rebooted XP 64x looked fine (but no internet)

THANKS for your time

2. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

You need to use the Mac OS X Install Disc #1 that came with your computer to install the device drivers needed for Windows XP or Vista. The installer will launch and begin the install once the computer starts reading the CD-ROM. If it doesn't autorun for some reason, go to My Computer and double-click the CD/DVD drive to start the installer. Once, the installer finishes installing all the device drivers software, restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, you need to verify that your local network settings are correct for the network (ie... static or DHCP addressing, WEP/WPA security, etc...). Hope this will help you out there with your problems on getting Windows working properly. :)

3. smattmul thread starter macrumors member

smattmul

oooooooook, thanks

i was really hoping some one would tell me to just stop trying

4. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

I'm not going to go down that road on saying to not try installing Windows on your Mac. There are certain programs that I need to use for school and the National Guard that are not available on the Mac as of this time.