Bootcamp not giving option to boot into OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ee99ee, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I bought a new Macbook Pro 13" today, and I am LOVING it. I created a 50GB partition for Windows to be installed, and followed the instructions here to install Windows 7 RTM x64:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/1...ndows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

http://ourcoffeestops.com/2009/01/guide-windows-7-x64-build-7000-on-a-macbook-pro/

After jumping through a few hoops, the Windows install seems to be installed and up to date. All of the drivers seem to be working well and everything is happy. There is one problem -- I can't get back to OS X!!! When I boot the system, it just goes straight to Windows!

Looking in Disk Management in Computer Management, I see that I installed Windows on the correct partition and that the other partitions exist. I know I didn't format over the OS X partition, I was very careful about that.

How do I install the bootcamp bootloader so I am prompted for which OS to boot? I ran the installer on the OS X CD as I was supposed to do. I thought that reverted the bootloader back to normal? I also tried taking out the CD-ROM drive, but no matter what I do it goes straight to Windows.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

On Windows there should be a BootCamp Manager residing on the systray. There's an option there that tells it what to boot up as default.

3. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

Nice! I'll try that once Visual Studio finishes installing (so next year? hehe).

Is there a way to prompt me at boot time, with a timeout of a few seconds to default to either a specified default or the last OS booted?

-Chris

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

dont know about a timer, but you can hold the options key while booting and it will give you 2 options.