Bootcamp NTFS Error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AcesHigh87, Jun 27, 2009.

1. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Okay, so, I'm trying to bootcamp Vista onto my mac so that I can play Diablo 2 since it won't run on my macbook white (2.4GHz)...anyway, I have a legit CD for Vista that I used to install it however when I was selecting the partition to use I got the message that "Windows cannot be installed on this partition as it is not NTFS" or something in that general wording. So, is there any way to create a bootcamp partition as NTFS or is it possible to run Vista on a non NTFS partition.

Sorry for the confusing explanation but idk exactly what's going on lol.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Ok, are you saying your ran the Boot Camp Assistant to create a partition and that is where you got the error message? Be specific as to what you have done and the error message you got and we will be better able to help you.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

When you create the Boot Camp partition with the help of the BC utility in Mac OS X, it will create the partition with a FAT 32 filesystem.

But during the installation of Windows you should be able to format the FAT 32 partition with NTFS (Quick Format), as I still could do it with XP. I don't know about Vista.

http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=9405 found via "bootcamp vista NTFS" in a search engine of your choice.