Bootcamp on my MBP runs really warm...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stu L Tissimus, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Stu L Tissimus macrumors newbie

Question for you guys. When you're using Bootcamp, does your Macbook Pro run much hotter than in OSX? It doesn't sound like the fans are going on at all. Is this just me? (And this is just under a light workload, not playing games or anything.)

Also, unrelated question! Is there a way to disable the eject button in Bootcamp or have it behave like in OS X? Right now in Windows XP, you touch the eject button and your disc is ejected, no questions asked. In OS X, you need to hold the button a bit. So can I disable it or change the behavior?

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Yes, noticeably so. It's normal.

3. triddent222 macrumors regular

Yes, Windows run hotter than OS X due to different Temperature Management settings. Use SMC on OS X and restart (do not shutdown) to make the fans run faster.

As of your second questions, I dont think there's any way to make it like OS X unless Apple releases that feature on the next Boot Camp update (leopard i guess :p )

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The fans see to be a little less aggressive in Windows but they do spin up. You can set your fan speeds to be higher in OS X using smcFanControl before you reboot.

5. cavebob macrumors member

Ill do you guys one better then setting fan speed in SMC.

Get this program http://www.olofsson.info/

It will allow you to remap all the Mac keys AND adjust fan settings like in SMC

Its mad

6. Stu L Tissimus thread starter macrumors newbie

Hate to bump an old topic, but Cavebob, I just want to thank you for that link. It's an absolute lifesaver.

7. cavebob macrumors member

more than welcome buddy.