Bootcamp on rmbp with external superdrive??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Razzz, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Razzz macrumors member

Hi, ive never actually ran bootcamp before so call me a noob if you must, ive watched a couple videos and i think i know how to do it but i have a series of questions if they could be answered, thanks in advance for any help.!!

1. Should i wait for windows 8 to run bootcamp?

2. when i make a partition should i add extra space for games that i would like to download onto windows? or do games just use any general space from osx or windows???

3. if im using a retina macbook pro with no optical, is it okay for me to use a external hard drive?

4. when i open windows, i heard that you need to run the osx drivers to make everything work again?? really dont know how to do this ! probably most important.

5. will bootcamp work fine with Mountain lion ?

6. is windows 7 able to upgrade to 8 when that comes out for 40$? will this require extra partition space???

Thanks.

2. Joehays macrumors newbie

1. I have windows 8 preview running on mine right now, works fine with current bootcamp

2. I just used the minimum partition size and run all of the data off of an external drive (games)

3. Yes, You have to erase it though to make a boot disk, I used a flash drive.

(Those are all I know for sure)