Bootcamp or parallel 10

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vagos1103gr, Dec 3, 2014.

1. vagos1103gr macrumors regular

Hi , I am just a newbie to the world of Mac. I used to work only in the windows and my new rimac is arriving in couple of days and I have some questions. For games wich is the best performance boot camp or parallel? And if is boot camp do you have any instructions for newbie installing windows with the preferred methos on iMac ? Thanks in advance.

2. leman macrumors 604

Boot Camp is just normal Windows installation (as with any regular PC), so of course it will have faster performance than Parallels where you have to run 2 OSes at the same time. It does not matter for older games, but for newer ones, Boot Camp is the way to go. You don't need an instruction, just get your Windows install media and start the Bootcamp assistant, follow the instructions on screen. The rest its just a normal Windows installation.

3. tatty27 macrumors 6502

tatty27

I use parallels for day to day working and productivity and boot camp for gaming. Don't forget when you're running an app in parallels you are sharing your mac's resources between 2 machines, your mac os and the virtual machine you're running your game in. In boot camp your game can access all of the machine's resources.

4. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Though it sounds like Windows may not have the right drivers for the video or for optimizing the thermal performance.

5. tatty27 macrumors 6502

tatty27

I'm running Skyrim on a rImac and it's fine