Bootcamp or Paralles for Best XP Font Rendering?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Veritus, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Veritus macrumors newbie

I experience eye strain when using my spouses MBP, due apparently to OSX's anti-alliasing font rendering. I have no eyestrain using Windows, and yes - I've tried every concievable fix on the Mac.

I need to get my own laptop eventually, but I hate the thought of buying a Windows machine, so now I'm wondering if running XP via either Bootcamp or Parallels on a Mac laptop would be a good compromise. My main concern is that the windows portion actually renders font in true windows fashion. I'd be using windows roughly 90% of the time and using the Mac portion for playing MP3's and downloading stuff that might otherwise give me viruses on windows. Won't be running any games on XP - just a few web developer apps, MS Office, ect.

Would you suggest Parallels or Bootcamp? Or would it be more practical to just buy a Windows machine?

Thanks for your help!

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Bootcamp or Parallels/VM Ware will both have real Windows ClearType font rendering, regardless of your OS X settings. However, to use Windows just for the font rendering... :eek: