BootCamp partition: If I then link it to Parallels, then it's identical?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doxavita, Jun 13, 2011.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

If I first install Windows 7 through BootCamp and then link that partition to Parallels:
    Then for practical purposes it's still the same as if I had just/only installed it in Parallels? but I also have the flexibility of gaming (booting through BootCamp) if needed, right?

2. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

But if I create a BootCamp partition of a particular size, then link it to Parallels, can I still resize such partition if the need arises in the future?

3. SylentSnipe macrumors newbie

SylentSnipe

You can do that? Whoa! I honestly did not know you could install windows one a partitions then link it in Parallels. Thanks for the heads up.

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Parallels doesn't particularly care about the size of the partition. If it's 40GB one day and then 80GB the next, it'll be fine.

5. doxavita thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, so in other words, while in Parallels, I can still write to the partition, and when I boot into BootCamp Windows I can see such changes reflected?

If I have it synchronize changes done while in Parallels Windows, then such changes will show up in my OS X folders too for example?