bootcamp partition lost 30gb

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by businessman4321, Apr 15, 2008.

1. businessman4321 macrumors newbie

hi there. One day i decided to put bootcamp on my mac. I print out the info and i click continue. Now it is time to divide the disc. to go with 30gb for win and rest for mac. I click partition. so on so good. now something wierd happens. the assistant quits unexpectedly. It asks me to restart my comp, so i do just that. when it is turning on, i hold option to check if it spit anything. It did not, all it saw was the mac. now i wanna put windows on that 30gb i just split off. I read over the instructions. It says put in the windows disc, and click install windows in the assistant.

1) no where does it say "install windows" in the assistant:mad:

So i restart my comp and run the disc by holding the option key. I go to see if i can put windows on the 30gb that is supposed to be there. All that it sees is 90gb total, and that mac is using 70gb (was using 40bg before i tried to install bootcamp) and has 20 bg free.

2) what happened to the 30gb i split off? :confused:

I quit the disc and go back to my mac side. I go to bootcamp assistant again. I try to divide up the disc again. this time mac sees that 30gb i split off as being used by the mac.

why????????????

my question to you guys:
    how do i get back that 30 gb that i split off and cant use?
    or how do i put windows on it?

please dont tell me to reinstall leopard. I cant.
    I have the AIR leopard CD, and i am not sure that it will work on my mac book pro.

ty for the help
    :apple:

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Under Utilities --> Disk Utility you should be able to recover your partition in there buy clicking erase. If not, you will most likely have to do a reformat of the drive and create a single partition again.

Also what happened to your MBP restore CD? These are essential.