Bootcamp partition not showing up as startup disk in snow leopard

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 007bond, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

hey guys ever since i upgraded to sl my boot camp partition cant be booted from. how do i make the partition bootable again. its windows 7 btw

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Please use the search function next time, as this has been covered countless times.

It's a bug. When starting up your Mac, hold down the option key, you can select it from there.

3. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

i did. when i hold down the option key, it does not let me choose a hard drive. it simply starts up with the apple logo.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Just fwiw option doesn't work on the first Intel iMacs and an Aluminum keyboard. I need to use my apple remote on my iMac.

To the OP what is your hardware setup? It would help to know to help you diagnose.

Does the bootcamp partition still mount read only in OS X and show up in Disk Ultility?

B

5. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

ok never mind. i had a big problem and had to reset my pram. after that it worked. i sucessfully backed up my data and uninstalled windows 7 from there. im going to be using virtual machines from now on.