Bootcamp Partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by a13x, Jun 21, 2009.

1. a13x macrumors member

I plan on installing Win 7 on my MBP but will I be able to delete and restore the partition back to my Mac installation once I'm done with it?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. a13x thread starter macrumors member

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You can use the Boot Camp utility to remove the partition once you are done, or you can use Disk Utility to reformat the whole drive and reinstall everything

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. a13x thread starter macrumors member

So to recap:
    I'm going to make a 20GB BootCamp partition and install Win 7. However, when I need the space again, I can just repartition the space back to my Mac installation without having to go through any "loop holes"?

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just delete the partition by using the Boot Camp Utility again

You could also save yourself the hassle of partitioning by running it virtualized with Parallels/Fusion or Virtual Box (free)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Yes. Just re-open the Boot Camp Assistant and this will be the first thing that pops up (NOTE: ignore the red arrows, I used this pic in a different thread to highlight someone's ignorance).
    [​IMG]

8. a13x thread starter macrumors member

I figured that the best choice would be VirtualBox...everything is set up and running now! :p Thanks for the help