Bootcamp problem: can't choose ntfs/fat32

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by idiotek, Nov 15, 2009.

1. idiotek macrumors newbie

i am trying to install Windows on my Mac. i created the partition (+/- 20gigs) and ive inserted the Windows disc. the installation works fine although i noticed that i don't get the page that gives me the option to choose between ntfs or fat32... yet it continues, and says windows is installed... but when it reboots, it goes directly to my mac-osx
    im not too good with computers but i've managed to find a lot of threads that were talking about my problem but none of them could really correct the problem.
    some people said that it might be the version of windows that could be the source of the problem.
    i have Windows Xp Corporate version. might that be the problem?
    can someone please help me? i really need to install windows so i can put 3DS and do schoolwork...
    thanks

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

What OS X are you running? Leopard or Snow Leopard?

Also, to boot into Windows, when you restart your Mac, hold down the OPTION key. This will bring up a screen that'll let you choose between OS X and Windows. Choose the drive that says, "Untitled."

3. idiotek thread starter macrumors newbie

i bought my macbook pro as soon as the new model came out oct/nov 2008. it's a 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo. 2gb 1067 mhz ddr3.
    i dont know if i have leopard or snow leopard (im not too good with computers...) but i think i have leopard...

i tried rebooting while holding the option key. it doesnt give me the chance to choose anything. it just goes to the setup page ... as if my it didnt recognize that i already started setting up windows...BUT when i tried to reinstall Windows, it told me it was already installed. so i deleted it and installed it again. but it still didn't work.
    and the weird thing is, when i look on my bootcamp partition (from mac os x), the Windows files are on it. some are locked files (might that be the problem?)

i really need to fix this asap :s

thanks for the help

4. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

You should hold the option key immediately when you power the computer on, let go only when you see 2 hard drives there. That is for you to alternate between the 2 OS.