Bootcamp Problem - I'm Really Stuck!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by parkie35, Mar 6, 2010.

1. parkie35 macrumors newbie

BOOTCAMP HELP!
    Posted: Mar 6, 2010 2:54 AM Reply Email

Hello all - need some help please if possible.
    I've tried to bootcamp my Imac with windows. I installed my windows disc but now get the following error message on a Black screen Windows Boot Manager
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: it goes on and on...
    Anyway - the mouse and keyboard no longer work - and when i restart the mac manually - (power button) when it goes back on - it goes back to black screen with "Windows is loading files..." then back to the intial screen above - any help would be most appreacited. (Also i'm unable to eject the disc?)

Many thanks Parkie.

2. lee14160 macrumors regular

lee14160

Are you saying that you are unable to start into OSX, or just Windows?

3. lee14160 macrumors regular

lee14160

There is a problem with the 3.1 updates for 64 bit mode, and that is they do not work if you have the ATi 4850 graphic card (as I do). The update indicates that it will not work with the present configuration. Albeit, this is not a problem since you can download, and install the ATi drivers yourself.

4. south1man macrumors newbie

Hello Parkie, I am just wondering if you was able to solved the problem, I have a similar problem with my mac mini:I've tried to bootcamp my macmini with windows. I installed the XP CD but in some point of the installation got the following message:' Press any key to boot from CD....Disk error Press any key to restart' all its on a Black screen Windows.
    The mouse and keyboard no longer work so I cannot eject the disc.
    If you got the solution please let me know.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ricardo

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

@south1man: Your issue is caused by not formatting the Boot Camp partition through the Windows installer. The keyboard you are using, is this a wired/wireless? If wireless, does connecting a wired one and holding option on startup bring up the boot manager where you can select your Mac OS X volume? If you can, delete and recreate the Windows partition using Boot Camp Assistant, paying attention to when you select the Windows install destination that you choose to format to FAT/NTFS rather than leaving the current file system intact. Then you can install Windows XP without issue.

6. Radikal macrumors newbie

windows installation can't find the partitioned disk

Hi everyone,

By installing windows xp on my macbook pro, and following the steps, once I reached the point where to select the partition, I can't find the bootcamp partition, but previously I installed bootcamp on the same computer and it worked, but after erasing everything to install it again, It can't find the partition by installing XP.

Please could someone help me ?