Bootcamp Problem - Please help!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by musiclvr, Oct 15, 2011.

1. musiclvr macrumors member

I burned my Windows 7 Ultimate ISO file to a DVD and ran Bootcamp Assitant, everything was going fine until now. It finished installing Windows and was restarting, and when it restarted it said "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." and it's just been stuck there for an hour. I tried pressing a key and everything, what should I do? I really hope I don't have to shut the computer down and start the install all over again.

2. simsaladimbamba

Since it has been stuck for an hour, which is NOT normal, you need to restart the computer and hold down the OPTION key to select Mac OS X to boot into. From there you can look at the Windows partition and see, if Windows even installed, and if not, repeat the whole procedure of Boot Camp Assistant and installing Windows.

3. musiclvr thread starter macrumors member

How do I get it to even restart? I held down the Opt+Comm+Esc keys and also tried the Opt+Comm+Shift+Esc combo and neither does anything. Should I just hold down the power button to shut it down?

Once I turn it back on, do I hold down the Option key as soon as it powers on in order to boot into Mac OSX?

----------

Ok so I restarted my computer, and held down the Option key and there are 4 options there:

-Macintosh HD
    -Windows
    -Recovery HD
    -Windows (disc)

So does that mean Windows installed? Should I try to boot into Windows now?

4. simsaladimbamba

Try to boot into Windows now and eject the Windows DVD.

5. musiclvr thread starter macrumors member

I ejected the disc, booted into Windows and now it's just a black screen with a cursor blinking in the top left hand corner. It seems to be stuck on that same black screen as before but now it doesnt say "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..", it's just blinking up there.