Bootcamp problem, windows no work.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mobius 1, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

So....

I've been trying to install W7 ultimate SP1 on my macbook 5.1.

Bootcamp 3.0.4, it says you have to download support software for windows, but once it downloads, an error saying the download file is not available pops up.

when i install without that, trackpad would not work, and all function keys is not working (with "fn" pressed)

help?

OSx 10.6.7

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Have you read the second option yet?

All your bootcamp files are on your mac OSX install disk.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you don't have your original DVD, you can also run Boot Camp Assistant in OS X, download the drives, and then install them via a burnt CD/DVD or flash drive.

4. Mobius 1 thread starter macrumors 6502

there's no bootcamp file in my OS x install disc and the app install refuses to be read

5. NZed, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

What do you mean theres no install disk? from what i remember, it comes in every Apple Portable OSX Install disk when Bootcamp was introduced!

Im not sure if Bootcamp 3.0.2 is the latest. Try running software update

BTW, the drivers are in a folder called Bootcamp on the disk

6. jd5684, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

jd5684 macrumors newbie

i've got a similar problem; helping a friend put win7 on her mbp, she can't locate her mac disc(s), and bootcamp assistant says windows support software unavailable. i poked around the apple support website, but didn't find anything labeled as windows support software. Any thoughts?

More details: bought second hand, older mbp 15" (couldn't find more specific model information, not intimately familiar with mac personally).

7. whiteironknuckl macrumors newbie

My experience with bootcamp when working in the computer lab in school was not pleasant. In my experience it's better to just get Parallels Desktop 6 and run a virtual Windows client. The windows performance is pretty bad with bootcamp and it seems like you're having a lot of issues with it.

It looks like you need to buy some new disks from the apple store if your current disks are malfunctioning.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

All your drivers are on one of the two DVDs that come with your mac, I can't recall which one.