Bootcamp problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cake90036, Dec 8, 2009.

1. cake90036 macrumors regular

I am trying to install windows on my mac. I tried partitioning using bootcamp and told me that the verification failed the , thee disk could not be partitioned, use disk utility to repair this disk. My final place I want to be in is to have windows as my main operating system on my mac. Can somebody help?

Is there a way to clear the hard drive completely also?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

If you want Windows to be your main OS, do yourself a favor and just buy a PC, Apple's Windows drivers are some of the worst I've ever seen.

Ok, if you want to wipe the hard drive, put your leopard DVD into the compuer, hold down C to start from the CD drive. Start the leopard installer, go to the menu, and one of the drop downs is going to give you utilities, you want to use Disk utility. Erase or delete the partition. this will delete EVERYTHING. Then quit disk utility, and go about installing Leopard like normal.

Then, try the bootcamp utility again. It should work. It'll tell you how to install windows in there, too. basically, it makes a 2nd partition, you insert the windows DVD, it boots, you have to manually tell Windows to install to the 2nd partition, but then Windows installs, you put the leopard DVD in to install the drivers. Pray to the Apple gods that they install, and then it's good to go.