Bootcamp Problems - 13" MBP i5, 120GB Intel G2 SSD, Win 7 Ultimate x64

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by FusionZ06, Mar 2, 2011.

1. FusionZ06, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

FusionZ06 macrumors newbie

Here is my problem...

2011 13" i5 MBP
    Installed 120GB Intel G2 SSD - no issues with Mac OSX installation chose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) created full-size partition because I knew that Boot Camp would resize later...

Installed OSX, updated, etc. then went to boot camp assistant. Split the partition evenly. I now have a 60GB partition for OSX and a 60GB partition for bootcamp. The boot camp partition is currently FAT32.

Burned a brand new download from my MSDN of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. Put DVD in drive. Press start installation, reboot and then nothing...

I either get white screen or I get flashing folder with question mark icon...

I then proceeded to use a pre-SP1 Win 7 Ultimate x64 from MSDN. The DVD is good...I've used the DVD many times for installs.

Any ideas?

I've even tried to hold option key and it shows the DVD/CD and says Windows or EFI - I try Windows and same thing.

What gives!? Ideas?

Update: Tried several other OS CDs. Windows XP Pro, Win 7 Pro, etc. Same problem....

Update: Running Boot Camp 3.0.4 (324) - no later version available from Software Update - however isn't 3.2 out?

Update: Fixed it - the issue was the firmware - I downloaded the latest Intel firmware, burned to ISO and then had to take out the SSD from the MBP and install in my desktop and then flash the drive. Once I did that - I started the bootcamp assistant again and all worked!

So the firmware updated from 2CV102HD to 2CV102M3 - all is fine now! Hope this helps someone.

2. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

That someone is me. I have an intel 80GB SSD, and this is exactly what I'm experiencing. Thank you so much for your help

3. FusionZ06 thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad my frustration wasn't in vain ;)