Bootcamp problems! can anybody help ? ...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kittykat241, Mar 22, 2012.

1. kittykat241 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have (what was at the time) the latest iMac, OS X Snow Leopard, 27" with the i5 processors etc.

I partitioned my hard drive within Bootcamp and installed Windows XP SP2 with absolutley no problems at all. I can switch between which OS i want on startup and Windows loads up fine.

However, the next step, installing my Mac Drivers so that my Windows has sound, graphics and wireless internet etc, when i put my OS X Install disc into the disc drive, bootcamp starts up, complains "Bootcamp requires Windows 7" and the only thing i can do is press OK and it closes the box that just camp up. So now i am stuck?

Can anybody shed any light on this problem? ... Help would be so much appreciated on how to fix this as I have already spent so much time and money on this already.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to get some replies soon. :)

2. davids8477 macrumors 6502

Assuming that you are actually using SNOW LEOPARD and not LION (the later requires Windows 7) then during the initial set up you should have seen an option to download the Windows drivers and burn them to a disk.

Thats where the drivers are.

3. kittykat241 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Snow Leopard.. Lion came out a few weeks later.. :)

YEs I did but it also said if i already had my Mac OS X Install Disc then they are on there. It reads the drivers disc fine but just states I require Windows 7 and closes the bootcamp window that opens once I insert the Mac disc.

4. davids8477 macrumors 6502

I'd try to use the disk created by the driver download rather than the one on your install disk.