BootCamp problems

liamgodfrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Hello everybody.
Right, straight to the point.
I am trying to run a pirated (I'm sure Bill Gates already has enough money) Windows 7 installation disk onto my Late 2013 rMBP (rest of specs in signature) through BootCamp Assistant, but every time I try to do it, it comes up saying that 'The installer disc could not be found.'
The disk does include an .iso file.
I am using a Samsung Bluray disk drive.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
That looks like a Windows ISO file on a DVD-R. You need to copy off the ISO onto the mac then burn that ISO in disk utility.

liamgodfrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
That looks like a Windows ISO file on a DVD-R. You need to copy off the ISO onto the mac then burn that ISO in disk utility.
Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a try. Could you possibly give me an idea of how to burn the ISO in disk utility?

liamgodfrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Right click or control click the ISO select open with disk utility. When disk utility opens click the burn tab at the top!
Do I burn it straight back to the disc it's from? And if so, do I delete the file already on the disc?

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Do I burn it straight back to the disc it's from? And if so, do I delete the file already on the disc?
Onto a fresh disc ideally, I wouldn't use rw media myself for OS install discs. if it's the only disc you have you can use disk utility to make a disk image of the original, erase the disc in disc utility then burn the ISO image onto it.

liamgodfrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Onto a fresh disc ideally, I wouldn't use rw media myself for OS install discs. if it's the only disc you have you can use disk utility to make a disk image of the original, erase the disc in disc utility then burn the ISO image onto it.
Despite the fact that I have erased the disc, this has popped up:

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Appending implies you have only done a partial erase, you need to do a full erase to completely wipe the disk to burn the windows ISO on it,

liamgodfrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Appending implies you have only done a partial erase, you need to do a full erase to completely wipe the disk to burn the windows ISO on it,
It's now not allowing me to re-erase my disk?
Thanks for all your help by the way!

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Then you've used a single shot DVD disk in append mode which I haven't seen someone do in years lol. You will need another blank disk to burn the image!

liamgodfrey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Then you've used a single shot DVD disk in append mode which I haven't seen someone do in years lol. You will need another blank disk to burn the image!
Rookie mistake on my part! I will have to purchase some more and then I'll try again. I'll get back to you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.