Bootcamp problems.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gixxerjones, Feb 3, 2015.

1. gixxerjones macrumors newbie

Hi, i have just installed windows 8 through bootcamp for the sole purpose of being able to play some old games i have. I managed to get windows working after buying a new keyboard as the apple keyboard and magic mouse were not recognized by windows. All was good until i came to switch back to OSX and found i was unable. It will boot into windows no problem but as soon as i hold the alt key on the new keyboard neither will boot up and i do not get the option of which to choose the screen just stays blank with a amber power light as if nothing is going to it (it normally goes green when the computer connects).
    I would like to keep the windows partition but if its not possible it wont be the end of the world if i have to get rid of it.
    Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Did you install the Bootcamp support software in Windows?
    Doing that should give you a Control Panel applet for Bootcamp that lets you select your Startup disk.
    Just select that and then select Restart in OS X .
    That might also explain why your Apple keyboard and mouse don't work.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You shouldn't need a new keyboard and mouse, as long as the drivers from apple have been installed. I will say though while the Magic Mouse worked, I never got the same level of functionality out of it. I keep two mice connected to my computer for this reason. For OS X, I use the Magic Mouse, for Windows the older pimple mouse.

4. gixxerjones thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, i appear to have it all working ok now but with a few issues. I still cannot choose which OS to install it just installs one then i have to restart by choosing the OS.
    I am sure i will find my way through it but once again thanks for the help.