bootcamp problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by llee8820, May 9, 2008.

1. llee8820 macrumors newbie

I installed my new 100gb new hard drive in my macbook. If I remember correctly, after installing leopard, I had about 80gb+ free space. Then I used bootcamp to make a partition for windows vista but recently I just restored it back to one partition again. The problem is that now it says that I have only 55gb of free space. Where did all my free space go? Could it be that bootcamp didn't fully combine my two partitions or something? Can anyone help me?

2. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I've been having a weird problem with partitioning and all that, where like you, some of my data didn't get re-allocated properly.

I did manage to find a solution to my problem though, so hopefully, it'll help you too. Are you using Leopard? If so, and have a Leopard disk, try this method.

1. Put the Leopard Disk in the drive while the computer is on
    2. Restart the computer, and then press and hold the "C" key just before the grey screen with the Apple logo
    3. Wait for it to load up into the installer
    4. Once it is loaded, choose your language
    5. On the menu bar at the top, click "Utilities"
    6. Click disk utility
    7. Select your Hard drive, then click repair

After it's done, restart the computer and take a look to see if it worked. It worked for me, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect for you.