BootCamp question..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ZombieAndy, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ZombieAndy macrumors newbie

ZombieAndy

Hey all

I Have bootcamp setup on my imac which ive had for a long time running windows 7 32bit, id like to upgrade it to x64 but im not sure how to do it in bootcamp.

I have the windows 7 64 bit disk but i cant find my snow leopard disk, is this gonna stop me from doing this?

2. DeF46, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

DeF46 macrumors regular

EDIT:

I think all that Bootcamp does in OS X is create the partition before you start the install, and automatically picks the DVD after you reboot from OS X?

So perhaps you can go in OS X and destroy the bootcamp partition, recreate it, etc.

Otherwise you could try booting with F8, or a special disk like here, to clearn the partition, then boot in the Windows DVD (hold down Alt during reboot)

How To Do A Fresh Install of Windows 7
    http://www.informationweek.com/byte/howto/personal-tech/desktop-os/231000415

PS: If you don't have the snow leopard disk you can simply download bootcamp from Apple's site after you reinstalled Windows.

3. ZombieAndy thread starter macrumors newbie

ZombieAndy

Hey guys

So i finally got around to this yesterday, all went well except im really struggling to find the bootcamp application for windows on the apple site, ive searched and just come up with loads of updates but no actual app.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? I have no snow leopard disk so i need the bootcamp application for windows 7 64 bit on a 2009 intel imac.

Thanks guys

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Boot Camp comes pre-installed on your computer and is NOT available for download. To install Boot Camp simply navigate to Applications - Utilities - Boot Camp and follow the on-screen instructions. A keyboard shortcut is Command - Spacebar (to open Spotlight) and type Boot Camp Assistant.

5. ZombieAndy, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

ZombieAndy thread starter macrumors newbie

ZombieAndy

Bootcamp is up and running, im typing this to you in windows on my imac.

What im talking about is the additional install you need to do once your in windows.

See Step 4 - http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

EDIT - ive just realised what you were saying but when i go into the snow leopard partition and run the bootcamp assistant, i choose to Download windows support software for this mac, it looks like its doing it for a minute then it says its not available.

Any idea's?

6. Rlnplehshalo macrumors regular

That program along with drivers are on the Snow Leopard disc, insert it into the CD drive and click the setup. If you can't I'm sure others have uploaded the installer onto the internet for download.

7. ZombieAndy thread starter macrumors newbie

ZombieAndy

I Dont have my snow leopard disk.. i spent all weekend looking for it and hours on google last night trying to find the installer to download! :(

8. Rlnplehshalo macrumors regular

I'm betting that certain torrent sites will have a copy of the disc for download.