BootCamp question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by deraj090, Jun 27, 2013.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Hey guys--

Looking to install Windows XP via Bootcamp. I'm getting a message that the Windows files aren't available (on my Mac environment via Bootcamp Assistant). Is there a better way to go about this? Or should I re-install Bootcamp Assistant?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I believe your problem is Bootcamp no longer supports XP. You need Win 7 or better.

3. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

^^^This right here. If you simply must use XP, then just download the Boot Camp drivers for XP elsewhere(google is your friend). Then open Disk Utility and partition your drive. Format the partition for Windows as FAT. Then reboot and hold option(or C I think) to boot into the Windows installer. Choose the FAT partition and format as NTFS and install as normal. Then install the Boot Camp drivers of course.

Boot Camp Assistant is little more than a Disk Utility helper GUI. It's not necessary.

4. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

5. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

I get this error when trying to create a 60GB partition MS-DOS (FAT): "Partition failed with error: Could not modify partition map because filesystem verification failed."

Any suggestions?