Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

detz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I just started bootcamp in like 4 months and when I start it I get the activation saying it's invalid. I re-entered my key but i get the same thing. :-( What will happen when I call their support, should I be ready to sit on hold for a while, what info do I need, will that reset my key or something?

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
:D No, I have the CD and Key in front of me. But, I'm pretty sure it's running* on other machines.

*installed but not actually running.

Well, as long as any machine that has the original install of the disk is not in use meaning ever in use, ever again. When it asks you how you want to activate click on the over the phone. You will put in where you are and it should give you a phone number and a really long code. 9 out of 10 times it will be a recording you put in the code that is on the screen and then say yes it's being installed on 1 computer (which will be true because the other computer is never ever being used again) and then it will give you a new key, write it down and don't lose it. That should work. I do emphasize that the other computer needs to be inoperable and not to be used, or yes it will be considered against Microsoft's EULA to use the same disk on multiple computers.

The Flashing Fi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Did this key come with another computer? If so, then it's an OEM license and it's non-transferable (doesn't matter if the computer is in use or not or if the computer still works).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.