Bootcamp setup in small window....

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by afcchris, Aug 21, 2016.

1. afcchris macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have given the chance to 5 apple support reps to answer this and still can't resolve so i am hoping you guys can help

I am on the latest iMac machine (21.5 inch, 4K retina screen) with OS up to date. I attempted to install windows with bootcamp assistant. I am one of the users who doesn't need a USB drive plugged in for this.

The machine did all the copying of files from my ISO file which is on my local drive but when it rebooted to start the setup of windows it went into a tiny window about 2 inches wide in the middle of the screen. Somehow i managed to do the first stages including entering the product code. When i got to the screen where it shows the drives for installing Windows there was no bootcamp drive! I couldn't use the other drives so had to cancel. Have done this many times now and always after going back to a single volume on the machine (and therefore deleting the bootcamp drive). And yes there was a bootcamp drive, as I could see it in the Disk Utility...albeit with no data on it.

Really appreciate if anyone could help me work out why the setup screen goes small, and also why it can't find my bootcamp drive. As boot camp assist did all of this i can't really find anything i have done wrong.

Regards
    Chris

2. afcchris thread starter macrumors newbie

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How did you solve it (for future reference)