Bootcamp slowing down Lion boot?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pjny, Aug 16, 2011.

1. pjny, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I downloaded Lion on the first day it was released and generally liked the performance on my MBP 13" late 2011 with SSD. Bootup time was about 20-25 seconds I think on SSD.

I just reinstalled Windows 7 SP 1 on a bootcamp partition(bootcamp assistant 4.0 ) on the 500gb hard drive that I moved to the Optiplex bay using OWC data doubler. The last installation of Win 7 I had on the same drive was corrupted when I used it with Parallels 6 so I formatted the partition and reinstalled Win 7.

What's weird is the computer seems to stall for about 20 seconds after I enter my password on the login screen. This did not happen before. It would take maybe 5 seconds for the desktop to appear especially if I just logged out.

I heard that bootcamp can sometimes affect the performance of Mac OS. What's weird is the OS is not even on the same drive.

Have you had this problem?

2. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

I had Ubuntu on a separate partition for awhile and all was well. Except for the fact I had Ubuntu on a separate partition that is.

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there anyway that bootcamp could have messed things up on the mac side when installing on a different partition?

I think I installed windows 8 months ago using bootcamp but now that I think about it maybe I didn't.