(BootCamp + Steam) on 2.4 MBP showing FPS on Source games

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 23027, Jul 7, 2007.

1. 23027 macrumors member

Hey guys I compiled videos from pretty much all the Source engine games and put them together into one video with FRAPS running at the top to show the fps in each game.. I posted it on YouTube here:

Too bad the sound started trickling out of sync with the video.. Oh well. Not much I can do.

If you guys have any questions or comments, feel free to say what you please.

I'm considering making a Battlefield 2 & 2142 video to show the FPS, but i'm gone for a few weeks so unless I have internet connection I won't be able to make one. I'll try to keep up to date with this forum and reply as much as possible.

Thanks

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hey man thats a nice video. those frame rates are really sweeeet (compared to mine neways)

wat res were u running at?? any AA

3. 23027 thread starter macrumors member

All the specs are at the end of the video.. Settings were the same for each game but they were running at 1024x768 with no AA.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

id like 2 see what its like with 1440x900 and 4x AA... then it counts

5. 23027 thread starter macrumors member

I can do that right now using one of the Video Stress Tests.. I put away all the video camera stuff because i'm going on a trip tomorrow, so if you tell me quickly I can give you the average fps. I can use Counter-Strike: Source to do that or Lost Coast.. Up to you.

The average fps on Lost Coast was 107.5 by the way..

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

do u have nething more stress demanding?? halo2 or cod2 lol??

CS-source is fine tho, test away

7. 23027 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I did the stress test on CSS:

96.24 was my average frame rate. Not bad compared to 117fps on 1024x768 and no AA. I'm going to bed though. I'll get back to whoever comments on this tomorrow morning (About 9 or 10ish)

Nite =]

Edit: Oh and no I don't play anything other than Steam games, BF2 & BF2142. Sorry.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wow that is pretty impressive. so on some heavier games about 60-70.. thats pretty good. thout about overclocking lol>> get even better then!!!

enjoy your investment!

9. 23027 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I'm happy I spent the extra dough to get the high end.. I'm not quite sure how much less performance I would get from a 2.2, but I don't really care. I'll never look back =]. This is my first Mac and I love it. I'm a semi-official Switcher.. Because I still run windows haha.

Don't worry.. I use OS X lots.

:apple: