BootCamp still not utilizing full monitor size

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cowbellallen, Jun 2, 2013.

1. cowbellallen macrumors regular

Hey all,

I just installed the latest version of BootCamp, and unfortunately it is still not utilizing the full size of my 27-inch Asus monitor. I have no idea how to get this thing to work.

There is about an inch of space between where the display bezel is and what is actually being used. I tried downloading the Catalyst thing from AMD's website, but it won't work.

Any ideas?

2. ErikvanD macrumors newbie

ErikvanD

What cable do you use? On my Mac Mini I have the opposite problem when connecting to my 24" Samsung Syncmaster: the outer edge of the screen is cut off all around. This only happens when I connect the display directly with a HDMI cable. When I use a mini display port to HDMI cable all is fine... So maybe playing around a bit with your cables might help..? Good luck!

3. cowbellallen thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using a MiniDisplayport to HDMI. Don't know if that could cause issues.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

It may. Some displays only support 1080p over HDMI. You probably should be using a Mini Displayport to Displayport cable, if your display supports that.

5. rezwits macrumors 6502a

rezwits

Overscan?

I forget where it's at (in the Catalyst panels) but are you talking about having a black border around your video in the monitor, about an inch to 2 inch thick?

There's an overscan slider in one of the ATI control panels, that will expand it to the full size of your monitor. I had this happen with my ATI 5770 in my Mac Pro when I first booted into Windows 7.

Google overscan
    or this link
    http://superuser.com/questions/5723...-overscan-on-my-tv-in-catalyst-control-center

Laters...