Bootcamp to parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BigJohno, May 9, 2010.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

I was wondering if anyone has had any issue with mouse pointer accuracy in AutoCad 2010? Im running it in bootcamp but want to go back to parallels. I have since bought a new logitech performance mx mouse. Also, with the middle button work in windows? Lastly, will any of my cd keys need to be reentered?

Thanks

2. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Hello.

I just went from Bootcamp to Parallels.

I can't speak for AutoCad,

But I can speak for Adobe CS4.

Parallels installed easily and setting up my BootCamp drive to work as a virtual machine was easy enough...

But the process got a bit ugly.

First, Windows had to re-activate. No problem IF you have the "Full Retail Box" version of Windows. OEM versions of Windows are extremely likely to fail re-activation. The CD key itself shouldn't be needed.

Second, Adobe CS4 programs lost their activation.
    Adobe has a "Deactivate" function that must be done before transferring activation to a different or virtual machine. I should have done that first. The CD Key was not needed.

So I re-booted from Boot Camp and de-activated CS4. Starting from Boot Camp caused Windows to damage the Parallels setup.

So then I had to start over again with another Parallels setup and re-do the virtual machine. Then I was able to re-activate CS4. Ugh.

I suspect that AutoCad will put you through the same nonsense.

Good Luck,
    Keri

3. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ohhh I see. Thanks for the help!!