Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
I just installed vista 64bit on my Early 2008 macbook pro, and the scrolling is TERRIBLE. Yes I installed the drivers, and yes I installed the boot camp update.

Does anyone know how I fix the scrolling?

I was about to start a thread with something similar. I installed XP on my Macbook unibody. I am also having problems.

What you and I need to do is update our drivers. However, when I select my drivers and hit update, even though they are out of date, it says that there is no new software available.

What do I do now?

Agurri

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
I don't about you.. but my scrolling on XP was never as smooth as on OS X. So I don't know if it's a "problem" but, now, I'm used to it.

ahm

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2009
I don't about you.. but my scrolling on XP was never as smooth as on OS X. So I don't know if it's a "problem" but, now, I'm used to it.

mine is pretty crappy too, I changed the scroll setting from 3 lines to 1, it's a little easier to deal with.

The touchpad seems more sensitive though... like, I'll rest my thumb on the trackpad in Leopard and it doesn't move, but on OS X it detects every little movement. I often click in the wrong place because if I roll my thumb a little it moves the pointer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.