Bootcamp Trackpad issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jaikob, Mar 7, 2009.

1. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I just installed vista 64bit on my Early 2008 macbook pro, and the scrolling is TERRIBLE. Yes I installed the drivers, and yes I installed the boot camp update.

Does anyone know how I fix the scrolling?

2. ImperialForces macrumors member

I was about to start a thread with something similar. I installed XP on my Macbook unibody. I am also having problems.

What you and I need to do is update our drivers. However, when I select my drivers and hit update, even though they are out of date, it says that there is no new software available.

What do I do now?

3. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

I don't about you.. but my scrolling on XP was never as smooth as on OS X. So I don't know if it's a "problem" but, now, I'm used to it.

4. ImperialForces macrumors member

Ok, I managed to fix the scrolling. The way I did it was to open Apple Software Update..... :(

Yeah... that was pretty stupid. Anyways, do a search for Apple on your computer, open ASU, then download the updates.

5. ahm macrumors member

mine is pretty crappy too, I changed the scroll setting from 3 lines to 1, it's a little easier to deal with.

The touchpad seems more sensitive though... like, I'll rest my thumb on the trackpad in Leopard and it doesn't move, but on OS X it detects every little movement. I often click in the wrong place because if I roll my thumb a little it moves the pointer